March 2021 Consignment Newsletter
The severe winter is behind, and we are welcoming the first month of spring with its warm weather, Azalea blossoms, and St. Patrick’s Day!
Thank you all again for your quality consignments and your cooperation with our rules and regulations, what allows The Guild Shop to remain open!
Regarding the COVID-19 situation, not much has changed since you last saw us! We continue to operate at 50% capacity with temperature checks at the door, hand sanitizer throughout the store, frequent cleanings, and cashless transactions only. Help us out by social distancing, whether in line to consign, shopping in close quarters or checking out at the register. Also, please wear a mask covering your nose-- bandanas and face shields without a mask underneath do not count-- and stay home if you don't feel well.
Please be aware that one of our most important rules of consignment is that the consignor must be present to drop off items or pick up a check. If you are unable and absolutely MUST authorize someone else to perform these tasks for you, please bring us a notarized letter stating so, including the full name and contact information of the person designated. We will keep this letter on file to refer to moving forward. This rule protects you from someone fraudulently using your name or taking your check without your permission.
We kindly remind you NOT to put your first and last name with the account number on your consignment items, as the process of their removal in order to protect your personal identity delays tagging your items.
Vote for The Guild Shop in Living Magazine’s "Best Of 2021" Reader’s Choice Awards! This year, we are up for "Best Consignment Store - Clothing", "Best Consignment Store - Furniture" and "Best Jewelry Store". You may vote once per category, so if you agree- vote TGS for all three! Polling opened January 1st and continues through March 15th at livingmagazine.net/bestof2021.
We thank you all again for your continued support and patronage. Here's to a happy, healthy and prosperous 2021!
All household consignments are received in the SOUTH PARKING LOT.
Items must be boxed with your signed contract taped outside and all items need to be labeled with your account number prior to drop off.
- We will accept 8 cleaned and sanitized items per consignment.
- All items must have a sticker with the consignor's account number attached.
- All items must be in a box with the consignor's account number written on the outside of the box. If your items require multiple boxes, please list items in each box on a separate contract. You may label '1of 2' etc.
- We do not accept knick-knacks, dolls, linens or pillows.
All clothing consignments are received in the SOUTH PARKING LOT.
Each item must have a sticker with the consignor's account number placed on the inside collar or pant by the brand label. Please label shoes on the bottom, not on the inside.
- We are accepting Western boots, spring clothing and accessories.
- Shoes accepted March 3rd and March 6th only!
- All clothes must be clean and on hangers.
- The Consignment Contract must be signed, dated, and attached prior to drop off,
-A pair of shoes, purse, belt, or hat (only one per item) must be labeled and have a separate contract for each. These items will count as a part of your 5 clothing items for consignment.
- Purses must be in good, clean condition inside and out.
- NO TAKE: winter/fall clothing, coats of any kind.
Designer Clothing Consignments:
All high-end designer clothing consignments are by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- All items must be clean and in good condition.
- NO TAKE: winter clothing, boots.
- Please contact our Designer Chairman at 713-528-5095 to schedule an appointment.
All jewelry consignments are received in the SOUTH PARKING LOT.
- Jewelry items accepted Wednesday, March17th.
- Must be in a gallon-size clear plastic zipper bag.
- Maximum of 10 items. More than 10 items will be at Estate split.
- Contract must be completed before dropping off and placed inside the bag.
- NO TAKE: all jewelry accepted, except illusion.
All art consignments are received in the SOUTH PARKING LOT.
- Art will be accepted Monday, March 1st and Monday, March 15th.
- All art UNDER 36” on all sides may be consigned ONE AT A TIME.
- Although, we will take two at a time if they are a matched pair with matching frames.
- Multiple pieces of art can be accepted as an Estate and collected by appointment only. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All art must have a wire on the back for hanging your consignment.
- If a piece of art exceeds 36” on ANY side you MUST EMAIL a photo, brief description including artist, medium (oil, watercolor, print, etc.) and size, including the frame to email@example.com. You will receive a return email determining whether the art is acceptable for consignment and if so, suggesting a date to bring it in.
All furniture consignments will be accepted by appointment ONLY AT THE LOADING DOCK
- You must email a photo of your furniture to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and phone number and you will be contacted within 2 business days.
Thank you for your consignments and donations. The Guild Shop proceeds go to ministries that impact the lives of the elderly in need.
Currently, we are supporting the following: Amazing Place *Camp Allen * Care Partners * Holly Hall * Turning Point * Vita Living * Weekley YMCA*
Here are three ways to support The Guild Shop in helping the elderly in need:
- Link The Guild Shop to your Kroger Card with our organization # LN812
- Link the Guild Shop to your Randall's card with our Good Neighbor Number with our organization #13716.
- Visit our Amazon Smile page https://smile.amazon.com/ch/74-1535808
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please reply to this email email@example.com and write unsubscribe in the subject line.