APRIL 2021 CONSIGNMENT NEWSLETTER
APRIL 2021 CONSIGNMENT NEWSLETTER
The Guild Shop
2009 Dunlavy St.
Houston, Texas 77006
Monday - Friday 9:30 AM — 3:30 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM — 2:00 PM
Like us on Facebook
Fantastic March is behind us and we are welcoming April, which promises to be even more fabulous thanks to your quality consignments!
As you all know, Easter this year is celebrated Sunday, April 4. We will be closed April 2 and April 3 for Good Friday and Holy Saturday. We will reopen Monday, April 5. As a courtesy to our consignors, we have added one more take-in day for household consignments on Wednesday, April 21.
To make it more comfortable and convenient, we reopened the dressing rooms March 15, and are cash effective March 20th! Thank you again for being so understanding during this tough time. Your patience never goes unnoticed!
Regarding the COVID-19 situation, although there is no longer a statewide mask order in public places, we do not want to jeopardize the safety of our customers, consignors, volunteers and employees. As a private business, we require masks be worn in our store. We continue to operate at 50% capacity with temperature checks at the door, hand sanitizer throughout the store and frequent cleanings. Help us out by social distancing, whether in line to consign, in dressing rooms, shopping in close quarters or checking out at the register. If you are not feeling well, stay home!
Please be aware that one of our most important rules of consignment is that the consignor must be present to drop off items or pick up a check. If you are unable and absolutely MUST authorize someone else to perform these tasks for you, please bring us a notarized letter stating so, including the full name and contact information of the person designated. We will keep this letter on file to refer to moving forward. This rule protects you from someone fraudulently using your name or taking your check without your permission.
We kindly remind you NOT to put your first and last name with the account number on your consignment items, as the process of their removal to protect your personal identity delays tagging your items.
We thank you all again for your continued support and patronage. Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous spring!
All household consignments are received in the SOUTH PARKING LOT.
Items must be boxed with your signed contract taped outside and all items must be labeled with your account number before dropoff.
- We will accept 8 cleaned and sanitized items per consignment.
- All items must have a sticker with the consignor's account number.
- All items must be in a box with the consignor's account number written on the outside of the box. If your items require multiple boxes, please list items in each box on a separate contract. You may label '1of 2' etc.
- We do not accept knickknacks, dolls, linens or pillows.
All clothing consignments are received in the SOUTH PARKING LOT.
Each item must have a sticker with the consignor's account number placed on the inside collar or pant by the brand label. Please label shoes on the bottom, not on the inside.
- All clothes must be clean and on hangers.
- The consignment contract must be signed, dated and attached prior to dropoff.
- A pair of shoes, purse, belt or hat (only one per item) must be labeled and have a separate contract for each. These items will count as a part of your 5 clothing items for consignment.
- Purses must be in good, clean condition inside and out.
- We will accept spring/summer clothes, shoes and accessories.
- NO TAKE: winter/fall clothing, boots of any kind.
Designer Clothing Consignments:
All high-end designer clothing consignments are by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- All items must be clean and in good condition.
- Please contact our designer chairman at (713) 528-5095 to schedule an appointment.
All jewelry consignments are received in the SOUTH PARKING LOT.
- Jewelry items accepted Wednesday, April 14.
- Must be in a gallon-size clear plastic zipper bag.
- Maximum of 10 items. More than 10 items will be at estate split.
- Contract must be completed before dropping off and placed inside the bag.
- NO TAKE: all jewelry accepted, except illusion.
All art consignments are received in the SOUTH PARKING LOT.
- Art will be accepted Wednesday, April 7 and Saturday, April 17.
- All art UNDER 36” on all sides may be consigned ONE AT A TIME. However, we will take two at a time if they are a matched pair with matching frames.
- Multiple pieces of art can be accepted as an estate and by appointment only. Email: [email protected]
- All art must have a hanging wire on the back.
- If a piece of art exceeds 36” on ANY side, you MUST EMAIL a photo, brief description including artist, medium (oil, watercolor, print, etc.) and size, including the frame, to [email protected]. You will receive a return email determining whether the art is acceptable for consignment and if so, suggesting a date to bring it in.
All furniture consignments will be accepted by appointment ONLY AT THE LOADING DOCK.
- Garden furniture and statuary wanted!
- You must email a photo of your furniture to [email protected]. Include your name and phone number, and you will be contacted within two business days.
Thank you for your consignments and donations. The Guild Shop’s proceeds go to ministries that affect the lives of the elderly in need.
Currently, we are supporting the following: Amazing Place *Camp Allen * Care Partners * Holly Hall * Turning Point * Vita Living * Weekley YMCA*
Here are three ways to support the Guild Shop in helping the elderly in need:
- Link the Guild Shop to your Kroger card with our organization # LN812
- Link the Guild Shop to your Randall's card with our Good Neighbor Number #13716.
- Visit our Amazon Smile page https://smile.amazon.com/ch/74-1535808
To unsubscribe from this newsletter, please reply to this email [email protected] and write unsubscribe in the subject line.